Tuesday 21 August 2012

Technology Tip Tuesday

Oh my, yesterday was my first day in my classroom. I did tons of organizing, moved a whole carload of stuff, and got started on my calendar wall. I am taking a day off today to do some housework and play with my poor neglected puppies, but will be back to the grind tomorrow!

Here's another Teacher Week feature--Technology Tip Tuesday! Click the picture below to see the other teachers who have linked up with Blog Hoppin' to give you some fabulous techy ideas.


Here are five fabulous FREE websites I have come across for first graders (click the pictures to go to the website):

{1.} KB... Konnected Kids --> I love when other people organize a list of sites for me, so I don't have to! This is a collection of sites for students, organized by topic (read alouds, art, math, animals, etc.). So many websites and easy to use!


{2.} Johnnie's Math Page --> Here's another collection of websites, but this one is all math websites/games organized by topic. Fantastic!!


{3.} Dreambox Learning --> This site only has a few activities (five frames, ten frames, make tens match, etc.) but is really good to use with an interactive whiteboard. I can't wait to use some of these activities with my Mimio.


{4.} Literactive --> Free, but you do have to register. This website has tons of reading games... started at a pre-reading level, working to level 7. Activities for different reading skills (rhyming, initial sounds, CVC word building, etc.) These would be great for an interactive whiteboard as well.


{5.} ABCYa --> Another collection of great educational games. There are reading, math, and other games. So much fun!


Hope these can be useful! I can't wait to check out all the other Blog Hoppers!

4 comments:

  1. This seems like a really helpful list!

    ~April Walker
    The Idea Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these great websites! I will definitely check them out.

    I'm your newest follower! :)

    Rachel
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at free!!!! I'm your newest follower :)



    Brenda

    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amanda

    I was going to email you but when I click on it it takes me to my outlook and I dont have that set up! Glad you posted about technology because I have a tech question I need help with!

    I am new to blogging and making stuff on teachers notebook. Some people with Macs are saying that can't see my stuff or it comes up funny with black marks on it! What am I doing wrong!!?? What do I tell them?! Any help would be appreciated! My email is mini_re13@hotmail.com

    Renee
    The Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete